Friends of Ovingham Middle School welcome all newcomers. We understand that parents and guardians have busy lives which is why members are able to offer different levels of commitment.
Friends of Ovingham Middle School has achieved a great deal in fundraising for the school which could not have been achieved without the valuable help of the staff, students, parents and guardians.
Below are just some of the reasons for joining the Friends of Ovingham Middle School and what we can achieve.
We help parents to:
- improve the school’s facilities, community spirit and partnership with parents;
- share common concerns and find solutions, working with the school;
- contribute to how the school works, developing effective partnerships with teaching and non- teaching staff;
- aid collaboration and fundraising to enrich the children’s education;
We help pupils to:
- receive a richer education;
- understand the importance of giving and contributing;
- enjoy a healthy and nurturing education environment;
We help the school:
- engage with parents;
- engage with volunteers who can help the school;
- identify potential school Governor candidates;
- enhance the profile and awareness of the school within the community;
We would love to see you at our next meeting. Or, if you prefer, reach out to us and we can add you to our event helper list.
Parents of Ovingham Middle School
We like to encourage all parents to get involved with school events which you can see in our school calendar:
- Parents Evening
- Northumbrian Water ‘Just an Hour’ programme
- Christmas events for each year group – these included comedy Christmas plays, singing, talent shows and even a‘generation game’, with parents as the stars!
- Carols Service
- MacMillan coffee morning
- Residential trip Parents’ Evenings
- PTA meetings
- Cross country
- End of year Sports Day
- Greggs Cancer Run
- Sponsored Walks