Opportunity, Motivation, Success
We aim to inspire all children and for each child to fulfil their potential. We want the children’s experience of PE to be positive and motivating. PE enables pupils to become physically confident. This supports their health, wellbeing and fitness and provides the foundations for lifelong activity. We want them to succeed and excel in competitive sport and physical activities. We offer all children chances to compete in sport and other activities. This helps them build character and learn values such as fairness and respect. Through PE, we develop the children’s knowledge, skills and understanding. They build confidence and competence in a range of activities.
The Government provides schools with additional ‘PE & Sport Premium’ funding for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. The premium must be spent by schools on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and Sport for the benefit of all pupils. The premium allows OMS to provide PE and Sport opportunities for all children in a variety of activities both in curricular and extra-curricular time. In 2017/18 we achieved the School Games Platinum award in recognition of our sports provision and success adn have retained this award annually.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
What did we spend?
OMS PESSPA 2021_22
OMS PESSPA 2020-21
Tel: +44 (0)1661 833215
Email: [email protected]